Local tanslation plugins do not work

Hi.

As I wrote in a post about the problems of adding Machin translation engines to the cloud project ( Why I cannot add tranaslation engine to the cloud resources? ),  the same unfortunately applies to the local plug-ins in the new Trados 2024 version.

As you can see from the screnshot (in addition to my proprietary TM), I have Language Weaver (with paid subscription) and Amazon Translate (also paid for and properly configured) added (ENGPOL is my cludud template but i canad thre only my TM and dictionary - no translation engins ca be added.

Screenshot of Trados 2024 project settings showing Language Weaver Cloud and Amazon Translate Tradus Plugin under Translation Memory and Automated Translation with an orange outline indicating an issue.

After performing two bach tasks: analyze files and pre-translate I get something like this.

Screenshot of Trados 2024 with a document open showing untranslated text and an error message at the bottom stating 'An error has occurred while using the translation provider Language Weaver' and 'Amazon Translate'.

Honestly hands down, I do not know who allowed the release of Trados 2024 version full of errors, it is impossible to work with this....

Kind regards, 

Lech Lachowski

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 5:40 PM (GMT 1) on 12 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi   

Language weaver works without a problem whether I have the Amazon Tranlsate plug-in enabled or removed.

In addition, I was finally able to get the Amazon Translate plug-in to work, although I had to repeatedly delete and re-add keys in the Amazon console to do so. Nevertheless, often after starting Trados Studio 2022 (I've given up using Trados Studio 2024 for the time being - too many errors this application has at this stage) an error message about the Amazon ranslate plug-in appears, like the one you see in the screenshot in the original post, but the plug-in nevertheless works. In general, there is a problem with this plugin all the time, I don't know about other plugins because I don't use them.

Best regards,

Lech Lachowski

emoji
Children
No Data