Issue with Language Cloud since I installed Studio 2017

Hi,

ever since I installed Studio 2017, I have issues with the Language Cloud. It shows very little translation results and most of the time they are unrelated translations. I went through the Migration Tool with the Tutorial and was asked to unindtall version 2015, which I regret now... Can you tell me what's wrong?

Thanks

Michel

Parents
  • Hello Michel,

There seems to be a few different things getting mixed up here.  

• By Language Cloud I am assuming you are referring to Machine Translation.
    • By Translation Results... I expected you to say Machine Translation but I'm not entirely sure
    • By Migration tool I assume you are referring to the AppStore application to move some resources from one version to another

I think it would help if you could elaborate a little on what you mean by "unrelated translations".  Can you share a screenshot so we have a better idea of what the problem is here.

Regards

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Sorry for not being clear enough.

OK here goes:

Definitely talking about Machine Translation that used to show me Translation results in 2015 and seems totally mixed up in 2017. I followed the instructions on the Migration Tool tutorial to move from 2015 to 2017. Showed that everything migrated OK, but not sure anymore.

The unrelated translations are as shown below:

Source version:
    Thoroughly pre-rinse claws / liners with potable water.

Translation results presented are below:
    Pre-rinse (ENGLISH) Arrêt (FRENCH

Feels like the Language Cloud is not operating at all…

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Paul,

Sorry for not being clear enough.

OK here goes:

Definitely talking about Machine Translation that used to show me Translation results in 2015 and seems totally mixed up in 2017. I followed the instructions on the Migration Tool tutorial to move from 2015 to 2017. Showed that everything migrated OK, but not sure anymore.

The unrelated translations are as shown below:

Source version:
    Thoroughly pre-rinse claws / liners with potable water.

Translation results presented are below:
    Pre-rinse (ENGLISH) Arrêt (FRENCH

Feels like the Language Cloud is not operating at all…

Thanks for your help!
Children