Issue with Language Cloud since I installed Studio 2017

Hi,

ever since I installed Studio 2017, I have issues with the Language Cloud. It shows very little translation results and most of the time they are unrelated translations. I went through the Migration Tool with the Tutorial and was asked to unindtall version 2015, which I regret now... Can you tell me what's wrong?

Thanks

Michel

Parents
  • Hello Michel,

There seems to be a few different things getting mixed up here.  

• By Language Cloud I am assuming you are referring to Machine Translation.
    • By Translation Results... I expected you to say Machine Translation but I'm not entirely sure
    • By Migration tool I assume you are referring to the AppStore application to move some resources from one version to another

I think it would help if you could elaborate a little on what you mean by "unrelated translations".  Can you share a screenshot so we have a better idea of what the problem is here.

Regards

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Sorry for not being clear enough.

OK here goes:

Definitely talking about Machine Translation that used to show me Translation results in 2015 and seems totally mixed up in 2017. I followed the instructions on the Migration Tool tutorial to move from 2015 to 2017. Showed that everything migrated OK, but not sure anymore.

The unrelated translations are as shown below:

Source version:
    Thoroughly pre-rinse claws / liners with potable water.

Translation results presented are below:
    Pre-rinse (ENGLISH) Arrêt (FRENCH

Feels like the Language Cloud is not operating at all…

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Michel,

I tested this and Studio 2017 returns this via the baseline engine:

I have no idea how good that is, but it does at least seem to be returning an acceptable MT result.  So, let's come back to your issue.

Unknown said:
    I followed the instructions on the Migration Tool tutorial to move from 2015 to 2017. Showed that everything migrated OK

This has nothing to do with Language Cloud.  This app only moves your Translation Memories, Customer Lists, plugins etc. from one version to another.  So this part is not relevant I think.

Unknown said:

Source version:

This is the relevant part and it seems to be related to your Translation Memories.  So a couple of questions:

1. What language pairs exactly are you using?  fr(FR), en(GB) etc.  Not just French and English.
    2. Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can see if this identifies where the translations are coming from?
    3. Can you show a screenshot of this view in your project settings so we can see what you have setup for your project?
  • Hi Michel,

I tested this and Studio 2017 returns this via the baseline engine:

I have no idea how good that is, but it does at least seem to be returning an acceptable MT result.  So, let's come back to your issue.

Unknown said:
    I followed the instructions on the Migration Tool tutorial to move from 2015 to 2017. Showed that everything migrated OK

This has nothing to do with Language Cloud.  This app only moves your Translation Memories, Customer Lists, plugins etc. from one version to another.  So this part is not relevant I think.

Unknown said:

Source version:

This is the relevant part and it seems to be related to your Translation Memories.  So a couple of questions:

1. What language pairs exactly are you using?  fr(FR), en(GB) etc.  Not just French and English.
    2. Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can see if this identifies where the translations are coming from?
    3. Can you show a screenshot of this view in your project settings so we can see what you have setup for your project?
Children