"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Former Member
Former Member

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

SDL Trados Studio 2019 interface showing a segment with the term 'Wasserfilter' not highlighted in the term recognition window.

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

SDL Multiterm 2019 search window displaying the entry for 'Wasserfilter' after a manual search.

How can I solve this problem?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:20 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to ADOLFO BENEYTO

I definitely think that this a clear and present issue (existing terms not showing in "term recognition" in Studio 2021, 2019) is simply a programming issue in Studio. Your termbases are most likely in good shape. I think you need not "reorganize" or do anything with your termbases. That is simply a waste of time. On related topics, I am certain that SDL Studio and SDL MultiTerm have limited capabilities to deal with SDL termbases, for instance, searching a termbase is usually a slow and not always fruitful process. That is the reason why, of necessity, I created Tb-Scout v2.0 (version 1.0 was released back in 2017). I did not just complaint, I created an effective and practical solution (that is my style of work, in general): https://tbscout20.translationist.com/.  Try this, just one of the many evidences I have to my claim. Open SDL MultiTerm Desktop, open a termbase, one with, say, 30,000 terms,  run an "Advanced Search" and look for duplicates. SDL MultiTerm Desktop may take minutes to complete the task and then finally show a crammed list, whereas with Tb-Scout v2.0 it will only take a few seconds (seconds!) and will provide you with a neat and clickable list that will land on that term directly in SDL MultiTerm Desktop.

Children