"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Former Member
Former Member

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

SDL Trados Studio 2019 interface showing a segment with the term 'Wasserfilter' not highlighted in the term recognition window.

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

SDL Multiterm 2019 search window displaying the entry for 'Wasserfilter' after a manual search.

How can I solve this problem?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:20 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • This often happens to me too. To fix it I just quit Studio and restart it. Then the term recognition window starts working again.

• This happens to me very often too, and I fix it also quitting Studio and restarting it. It used to happen also with Studio 2019. Sometimes I need to do this more than 10 times a day, so it is very upsetting and time-consuming. There should be a quicker solution, like a "Termbase revival" button, or, if it is a Studio bug, it should have been corrected by now, but Studio developers seem to ignore this problem. (I am using Studio 2021)

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to ADOLFO BENEYTO

I definitely think that this a clear and present issue (existing terms not showing in "term recognition" in Studio 2021, 2019) is simply a programming issue in Studio. Your termbases are most likely in good shape. I think you need not "reorganize" or do anything with your termbases. That is simply a waste of time. On related topics, I am certain that SDL Studio and SDL MultiTerm have limited capabilities to deal with SDL termbases, for instance, searching a termbase is usually a slow and not always fruitful process. That is the reason why, of necessity, I created Tb-Scout v2.0 (version 1.0 was released back in 2017). I did not just complaint, I created an effective and practical solution (that is my style of work, in general): https://tbscout20.translationist.com/.  Try this, just one of the many evidences I have to my claim. Open SDL MultiTerm Desktop, open a termbase, one with, say, 30,000 terms,  run an "Advanced Search" and look for duplicates. SDL MultiTerm Desktop may take minutes to complete the task and then finally show a crammed list, whereas with Tb-Scout v2.0 it will only take a few seconds (seconds!) and will provide you with a neat and clickable list that will land on that term directly in SDL MultiTerm Desktop.

• Please be careful with your content.  The solution suggested by Ali did work so there was no need for your post at all, and you are verging on too much self promotion in here which will be frowned upon and does raise complaints.  It's absolutely no problem to share your solution if it will help solve a particular problem.  But that isn't the case here for at least the following reasons:

• Tb-Scout isn't free - just noting this as you have not mentioned it
    • Tb-Scout isn't integrated with Studio so isn't a solution to this users problem anyway
    • better alternatives to work interactively that might be worth investigating would be these for example:

So one free and one paid.  Might be worth investigating.

It might also be worth looking at Language Cloud for Trados Studio 2019, or SDL Trados Live Essentials for Trados Studio 2021, where you have a cloud based terminology solution at your disposal and this is also interesting.

But having said that... MultiTerm isn't that bad.  Definitely rough around the edges but quite flexible and good enough for the majority of users once you get used to its quirks.  Can always be improved however.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Please be careful with your content.  The solution suggested by Ali did work so there was no need for your post at all, and you are verging on too much self promotion in here which will be frowned upon and does raise complaints.  It's absolutely no problem to share your solution if it will help solve a particular problem.  But that isn't the case here for at least the following reasons:

• Tb-Scout isn't free - just noting this as you have not mentioned it
    • Tb-Scout isn't integrated with Studio so isn't a solution to this users problem anyway
    • better alternatives to work interactively that might be worth investigating would be these for example:

So one free and one paid.  Might be worth investigating.

It might also be worth looking at Language Cloud for Trados Studio 2019, or SDL Trados Live Essentials for Trados Studio 2021, where you have a cloud based terminology solution at your disposal and this is also interesting.

But having said that... MultiTerm isn't that bad.  Definitely rough around the edges but quite flexible and good enough for the majority of users once you get used to its quirks.  Can always be improved however.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children