Trados Business Manager
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion West Coast User Group
Trados Studio Ideas
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Team Ideas
Trados Team Terminology Ideas
Trados Enterprise Ideas
Trados Business Manager Ideas
RWS Appstore Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have recently (since the last update i.e. SR1?) noticed that term recognition has abruptly stopped working in Trados Studio.
I can literally search for a term in the linked Multiterm termbase and find it, but when I go to the segment with the exact same term in it, it is not found.
Exporting the terms, making a new termbase based on the old termbase and then importing the terms makes zero difference. The new termbase is also useless.
- Terms are clearly being found in an F8 search
SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 126.96.36.19976
SDL Multiterm 2021 SR1 188.8.131.521
Fortunately, I don't use Studio as my main CAT but this is still unacceptable.
I have Trados Studio 2019 and often have the same problem: term recognition suddenly not functions. My solution, reorganise the TB and restart Trados Studio. Depending on the TB activity, this must be done…
Hello Edward Bradburn Anthony Rudd
Do you have your termbases stored locally or in the cloud?
There are a few suggestions listed here that may help- especially perhaps option D (adding exceptions to security…
Hello Edward Bradburn ,
Reinstalling the software doesn't always fix issues errors (depending on what is causing the issue.
Instead, I would probably suggest a reset/repair.
I have Trados Studio 2019 and often have the same problem: term recognition suddenly not functions. My solution, reorganise the TB and restart Trados Studio. Depending on the TB activity, this must be done often.
That's interesting to hear Anthony. I've not experienced this before and I have been using Trados on and off since the 2015 version. Your solution did not work for me, unfortunately. I tried reorganising first and, when that didn't help, I then recreated the termbase by exporting its terms and using it as a model to create a new termbase in Multiterm. That also did not work.
But, as said, the terms are being found correctly with an F8 search. And they can be searched for using Termbase Search perfectly. It is specifically the Termbase Recognition feature that is not working.
I've always viewed Trados Premium Support as an option. It seems it is instead to be recommended if you want this kind of thing fixing.
There are a few suggestions listed here that may help- especially perhaps option D (adding exceptions to security suite)
Many thanks for replying to my issue here in the forum.
Your list of possible solutions got me thinking, although none actually worked for this particular issue.
It has nothing to do with termbase searching per se. I can find the terms using Termbase Search and F8 with no problem but the Term Recognition window remains stubbornly empty, regardless of what segment I am in. I can literally input the term from the left-hand German segment into the Termbase Search and it finds it, even though the Term Recognition window is blank. And even when an F8 check tells me there is a term error, and specifies which one, it does not show up in Term Recognition.
However, I should note that I work on resources supplied by customers, I do not create projects or packages myself.
And lo and behold, the issue appears to be affecting some customers - and even some projects from some customers - but not others.
Steven: do you have any idea how I could check the version of Studio used to create a particular package?
I can only imagine that must be the problem here: the customer version is causing termbase problems with my version of Studio.
I have just checked (after resetting hitlist settings, etc. for term searching) and some projects appear fine, with term searching as normal. While others do not.
If I could somehow distinguish between one project and another - the Studio version? - then perhaps I can inform my customers better as to the problem.
Then should the issue persist, we can ask the support team to have a look for you.
Thanks for the information, I'll see if that helps.
The repair didn't change anything but Workaround 2 instantly put things right.
I'll go straight to that step in future if anything stops working as it should.
Thanks again for suggesting a solution,
I have the same problem. Sometimes that's work and suddenly that doesn't work at all.
I never work in the cloud and I have recently installed a big update with new installation (I have the problem before update)
Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 184.108.40.20605
Sometimes that's work again after reopen, but is booooring have to close and reopen every hour.
Same problem here, same version as yours. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. I tried all of the above.
I wrote a mail to buy a "support-agreement", but I never got any answer.
I regret buying this CAT...
"Term recognition not working" is a long-standing issue that has never been fixed. Indeed, I don't think it ever will be, until RWS decide to switch to a more modern underlying technology. Currently, MultiTerm termbases are based on ancient Microsoft Access database tech.
Just search the RWS Community on "Term recognition not working" and you will see that it is a story as old as time. This is a real shame since other than this one (REALLY ANNOYING!!!) problem, I think Trados Studio 2022 is really starting to shine.