Term recognition not working in Trados Studio 2021

Dear All,

I have recently (since the last update i.e. SR1?) noticed that term recognition has abruptly stopped working in Trados Studio.

I can literally search for a term in the linked Multiterm termbase and find it, but when I go to the segment with the exact same term in it, it is not found.

Exporting the terms, making a new termbase based on the old termbase and then importing the terms makes zero difference. The new termbase is also useless.

However:

- Terms are clearly being found in an F8 search

Versions used:

SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.6.4276

SDL Multiterm 2021 SR1 16.1.1.541

Fortunately, I don't use Studio as my main CAT but this is still unacceptable.

Ed

Parents Reply
  • That's interesting to hear Anthony. I've not experienced this before and I have been using Trados on and off since the 2015 version. Your solution did not work for me, unfortunately. I tried reorganising first and, when that didn't help, I then recreated the termbase by exporting its terms and using it as a model to create a new termbase in Multiterm. That also did not work.

But, as said, the terms are being found correctly with an F8 search. And they can be searched for using Termbase Search perfectly. It is specifically the Termbase Recognition feature that is not working.

I've always viewed Trados Premium Support as an option. It seems it is instead to be recommended if you want this kind of thing fixing.

Children