Add terms to specific termbases (with keyboard shortcuts) in Trados Studio

I would love it is it was made possible to add terms to specific termbases (with keyboard shortcuts), on the fly.

Many other CAT tools currently support this, and I would love to see this functionality added to the latest version of Trados Studio, which is currently my favourite CAT tool.

I am currently using Nora Díaz's great little AutoHotkey script (see: http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2016/11/adding-terms-to-secondary-termbase.html) to add terms to a secondary termbase, but since it's based on AHK, it isn't perfect.

Using the Trados/MultiTerm API is beyond my capabilities, but the developers at RWS ought to be able to handle this.

In any case, being able to quickly send terms to a project termbase & background termbase (with keyboard shortcuts) is a very useful feature in a CAT tool, and is sorely needed IYAM.

I just created an Idea, so if you would like to see this implemented, PLEASE UPVOTE!!!

https://community.rws.com/ideas/trados-portfolio-ideas/i/multiterm-ideas/add-terms-to-specific-termbases-with-keyboard-shortcuts-in-trados-studio 

Michael

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • To be fair, Kelly's plugins are available, at least some of them, at: https://deeptranslation.blogspot.com/

Ah, OK, I didn't know that, even though I have read many of  's posts.

I've been working with Trados since years before Studio 2009, I know the software very well. So, I'm not a new user but I have been finding Kelly's posts confusing.

This must be because I don't read all of his contributions, I don't have time because I work long hours. There was no information in the posts that I remember giving where to find or purchase the solutions he presented.

Therefore, Kelly, can I respectfully request that you give details of your plugins site with a link or the name of the plugin you are suggesting for use and paste that into your posts when you present a solution? It would be SO useful to users who are unsure how to proceed and don't understand that you would like them to ask for it. Some users don't know how to access online help information even on the Community, so they would not realise that you have a site they can go to.

I have a series of texts containing my troubleshooting solutions saved on my OneDrive ready to copy and paste into a thread when I think I can identify the problem and help, with links to the online information I think will help them. Better still, many other users, including   and   have an excellent, helpful blog where they have recorded their advice and solutions so that they can post a link to the solution that is needed on the thread created by the who needs help. Probably boring for other users to read but for a user in trouble it is a quick and easy solution for those of us who enjoy helping people on the Community.

I am sorry if I have been misunderstanding you, Kelly. I would very much like you to make your clever solutions more available to the users you communicate with on the Community, in a way that our more hesitant or less able/experienced users can respond to. 

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji