Add terms to specific termbases (with keyboard shortcuts) in Trados Studio

I would love it is it was made possible to add terms to specific termbases (with keyboard shortcuts), on the fly.

Many other CAT tools currently support this, and I would love to see this functionality added to the latest version of Trados Studio, which is currently my favourite CAT tool.

I am currently using Nora Díaz's great little AutoHotkey script (see: http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2016/11/adding-terms-to-secondary-termbase.html) to add terms to a secondary termbase, but since it's based on AHK, it isn't perfect.

Using the Trados/MultiTerm API is beyond my capabilities, but the developers at RWS ought to be able to handle this.

In any case, being able to quickly send terms to a project termbase & background termbase (with keyboard shortcuts) is a very useful feature in a CAT tool, and is sorely needed IYAM.

I just created an Idea, so if you would like to see this implemented, PLEASE UPVOTE!!!

https://community.rws.com/ideas/trados-portfolio-ideas/i/multiterm-ideas/add-terms-to-specific-termbases-with-keyboard-shortcuts-in-trados-studio 

Michael

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Michael,

Thank you for your suggestion and for being an active member of the RWS community. Your idea of adding terms to specific termbases with keyboard shortcuts in Trados Studio is indeed a valuable one.

While the current version of Trados Studio does not support this feature directly, you can use the AutoHotkey script as a workaround. However, I understand that this solution may not be perfect and may not suit everyone's needs.

Your idea has been noted and it's great that you've created an Idea on the RWS Community. Encouraging others to upvote your idea is a good way to bring it to the attention of the RWS developers. They regularly review these ideas and consider them for future updates.

In the meantime, you might want to explore other features of Trados Studio and MultiTerm that can help improve your productivity. For example, you can use the Quick Add New Term feature in Trados Studio to quickly add new terms to your termbase.

Step 1: Select the term in the source text.

Step 2: Right-click and select Quick Add New Term.

Step 3: The Add New Term dialog box opens. Fill in the details and click OK.

Remember, the more you explore Trados Studio and MultiTerm, the more you'll discover ways to make your translation work easier and more efficient.

Thank you for your valuable input and for being a part of the RWS community.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Michael,

Thank you for your suggestion and for being an active member of the RWS community. Your idea of adding terms to specific termbases with keyboard shortcuts in Trados Studio is indeed a valuable one.

While the current version of Trados Studio does not support this feature directly, you can use the AutoHotkey script as a workaround. However, I understand that this solution may not be perfect and may not suit everyone's needs.

Your idea has been noted and it's great that you've created an Idea on the RWS Community. Encouraging others to upvote your idea is a good way to bring it to the attention of the RWS developers. They regularly review these ideas and consider them for future updates.

In the meantime, you might want to explore other features of Trados Studio and MultiTerm that can help improve your productivity. For example, you can use the Quick Add New Term feature in Trados Studio to quickly add new terms to your termbase.

Step 1: Select the term in the source text.

Step 2: Right-click and select Quick Add New Term.

Step 3: The Add New Term dialog box opens. Fill in the details and click OK.

Remember, the more you explore Trados Studio and MultiTerm, the more you'll discover ways to make your translation work easier and more efficient.

Thank you for your valuable input and for being a part of the RWS community.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data