Term recognition not working in Trados Studio 2022

I am using Trados 2022 Version 17.0.2.11672 and the term recognition is not working in Trados Studio.

The termbase is set correctly in the project settings but the term recognition window says that no termbase is opened and does not show any matches.

It worked properly with my first Trados 2022 Version 17.0.0.11594 (and with Trados 2021 and Trados 2019).

The termbase is located on our server. My colleague who still uses the older version (17.0.0.11594) has no issues with the use of the same termbase.

Removing and reopening of the termbase does not help.

An issue with the latest release?

Or any other suggestions?

emoji
Parents
  •   

There could be several reasons for this as mentioned in this KB article:

A) The window that should display the corresponding results is not shown.
    B) Either your SDL Trados Studio or your SDL MultiTerm application is not up to date.
    C) There is an issue with the database index.
    D) Zone Alarm (or possibly other security applications) block access to the necessary index files (*.mtf and *.mdf).

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001366

Given you have installed 2022 it is quite possible that your security software is picking something up in this version that wasn't picked up in earlier ones.  PLease work through the suggestions in the KB and see if this helps.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • I have the same problem. The termbase search works, so there seems to be no problem with the termbase itself. But the term recognition windows shows no results. I can fix the problem preliminarely by starting Trados 2021 at the same time and open the same project, then close the document and open it again in Trados 2022. Hovewer, then the TM search does not work. When I close Trados 2021, the term recognition stops to work again, while the TM search goes back to normal.

All the above suggestions are not helpful. This seems to be a problem to be solved by the developers, not by the users.

The solution that will probably be proposed here, is to uninstall Trados 2021 and only work with 2022. However, the risk is far to high at this point. I use Trados daily for a living and need at least one version that is working decently. Trados 2021 still has several bugs, but works somehow. I will therefore keep this version until the most critical bugs in Trados 2022 are fixed.

emoji
  • I have the same problem. The termbase search works, so there seems to be no problem with the termbase itself. But the term recognition windows shows no results. I can fix the problem preliminarely by starting Trados 2021 at the same time and open the same project, then close the document and open it again in Trados 2022. Hovewer, then the TM search does not work. When I close Trados 2021, the term recognition stops to work again, while the TM search goes back to normal.

All the above suggestions are not helpful. This seems to be a problem to be solved by the developers, not by the users.

The solution that will probably be proposed here, is to uninstall Trados 2021 and only work with 2022. However, the risk is far to high at this point. I use Trados daily for a living and need at least one version that is working decently. Trados 2021 still has several bugs, but works somehow. I will therefore keep this version until the most critical bugs in Trados 2022 are fixed.

emoji
Children