Term recognition not working in Trados Studio 2022

I am using Trados 2022 Version 17.0.2.11672 and the term recognition is not working in Trados Studio.

The termbase is set correctly in the project settings but the term recognition window says that no termbase is opened and does not show any matches.

It worked properly with my first Trados 2022 Version 17.0.0.11594 (and with Trados 2021 and Trados 2019).

The termbase is located on our server. My colleague who still uses the older version (17.0.0.11594) has no issues with the use of the same termbase.

Removing and reopening of the termbase does not help.

An issue with the latest release?

Or any other suggestions?

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

Hi there,

I find that removing the termbase from the termbase list in the project settings, closing them then reopening and re-adding almost always solves this problem. It only happens to me in jobs that are from packages, and not very often at all.

It's all about connections not quite working as they should in that instance, and re-adding the termbase re-establishes the connection.

As  said above, there are many possible reasons for this scenario, which is why there are many suggestions on how to make it work better in the link that he provided.

Unfortunately it is impossible for the developers to know all the thousands of possible setups that Trados customers might be working on. Where electronic connections and communications are concerned, particularly across a network be it local or via the Cloud, there are so many external influences, other software or server behaviour for example, that can trigger problems.

Another point here is that if you want an SDL support person to take a look at your setup, you can achieve this only by starting a new thread as the SDL engineers can only set up one support case per thread.

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji
Children
No Data