Partial export from MultiTerm to Excel

Dear Community!

I´ve read a lot about how to export MDB to an Excel file, but still...my task is very specific:

export all Spanish terms, all synonyms, if any, inside of the cell, separated either by a comma or by a vertical bar.

I would even prefer:

export all Spanish terms with their synonyms and English terms with their synonyms, two columns, Excel format.

I want no categories, no definitions, no indication wthether it is forbidden or not, no pictures. Ignore all the fields, just the terms.

Is is possible using Multiterm Converter? I´ve tried different ways, but an error always appears....

Very grateful in advance!

emoji
Parents
  •  

how to export MDB to an Excel file

MDB?  Sounds old :-)

Is is possible using Multiterm Converter?

If you mean the Glossary Converter then yes, it is.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Paul, 

in my case, all languages are duplicated in this manner:

Screenshot showing a list of language options with each language duplicated. Languages include Dutch, English, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, French, and German.

Which one should I choose?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:18 AM (GMT 1) on 24 Sep 2024]
  •  

I wish you would show the full screenshot of the UI as it's hard to tell where you are... especially since you also don't use the English UI.  Normally when you drag and drop a termbase into the UI you will be presented with a list of the headings in your Excel file, but I wouldn't expect it to look like the one you have shown here simply because you have duplicates.  It still looks a little as though you are viewing the Fields.

Can you provide me with the steps you are following, one at a time... or even better share a video of what you're doing?  Or send me the definition of your termbase, so I can look at the same data you're looking at?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  •  

I wish you would show the full screenshot of the UI as it's hard to tell where you are... especially since you also don't use the English UI.  Normally when you drag and drop a termbase into the UI you will be presented with a list of the headings in your Excel file, but I wouldn't expect it to look like the one you have shown here simply because you have duplicates.  It still looks a little as though you are viewing the Fields.

Can you provide me with the steps you are following, one at a time... or even better share a video of what you're doing?  Or send me the definition of your termbase, so I can look at the same data you're looking at?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
Children