Trados would not recognize terms available in the Multiterm glossary when written with capital letters

Dear Community!

Why would Multiterm not recognize terms if written with uppercase letters in the document?

"Cableado" is saved in the database, but Trados does not "see" it:

Screenshot of a software interface showing a term 'CABLEADO DETECTORES DE HUMO COCHES' not being recognized despite being in the database.

TDB definition has an option (unavailable upon the glossary creation), but I would say that by NOT selecting it, the program is supposed to IGNORE uppercase and lowercase characters: 

Screenshot of a settings window with an option 'Distinguish between uppercase and lowercase' highlighted, indicating case sensitivity in term recognition.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:45 PM (GMT 1) on 7 Oct 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  

If you mean the Display synonyms separately checkbox, this is what I get in the Term recognition window with that checkbox ticked:

Term Recognition window showing 'USB Cables' and 'photo printer' with their German translations 'USB-Kabel' and 'Fotodrucker' respectively, each with a score of 100 from 'Printer Termbase'.

And with the checbox unticked:

Term Recognition window showing 'USB Cables' and 'photo printer' without separate synonyms, with their German translations 'USB-Kabel' and 'Fotodrucker' respectively, each with a score of 100 from 'Printer Termbase'.

Being this this entry:

Termbase entry number 34 for 'USB cable' in English with definition and its German translation 'USB-Kabel'. Subject category is 'IT and Telecom'.

As you can see, it refers to synonyms terms in the Source when both synonyms are present in the Source segment in Editor. Please take it as a grain of salt, beacause I may be wrong…

EDIT: You can read this in the same link:

Improved term recognition to correctly display synonyms in the term recognition window. Previously, when a segment contained both a main term and its synonym, only the main term was shown. Now, synonyms are displayed alongside their main terms when the new Show synonyms separately in Term Recognition view option is selected. (CRQ-32223)

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 4:01 PM (GMT 1) on 15 Oct 2024]