Grouped search expression

Is there a way to use regular expressions to find the corresponding objects in the original text in the translated text?

For example, in the screenshot below, it can detect if the translation is missing "#test#", but it cannot detect if there are extra "#test#" in the translation.

Trados Studio interface showing a comparison between source and target texts with a missing '#test#' in the translation.

Trados Studio regular expressions search settings with a warning for 'test1' condition to report if source matches but not target.

Trados Studio QA Checker warning message indicating 'test1' found in source but not in target (#test#).

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:49 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I think I can do this like this:

Screenshot showing the rules used in the verification part of the project settings.

These three rules get me a result like this:

Screenshot showing the results of running a QA check with the appropriate rules

#test# check
    #test#
    #test#
    Condition: Report if both source and target match but with different count

#test# check #2
    ^(?!.*#test#).+$
    #test#
    Condition: Report if both target and source RegEx patterns match

#test# check #3
    #test#
    ^(?!.*#test#).+$
    Condition: Report if both target and source RegEx patterns match

I think I need the last two because you can't have a null match rule for source and target in one rule without picking up a complete absence of the term you're looking for altogether... if I explained that well?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

I think I can do this like this:

Screenshot showing the rules used in the verification part of the project settings.

These three rules get me a result like this:

Screenshot showing the results of running a QA check with the appropriate rules

#test# check
    #test#
    #test#
    Condition: Report if both source and target match but with different count

#test# check #2
    ^(?!.*#test#).+$
    #test#
    Condition: Report if both target and source RegEx patterns match

#test# check #3
    #test#
    ^(?!.*#test#).+$
    Condition: Report if both target and source RegEx patterns match

I think I need the last two because you can't have a null match rule for source and target in one rule without picking up a complete absence of the term you're looking for altogether... if I explained that well?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children