Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key when trying to translate .pptx files

Hi everyone,

I have to translate a bunch of files for a car company (luxury, German, starts with a B) nope I did not give the name.

In this set of file I have .doc, .ppt, .xlx and .pptx which I beleive is the new format for Powerpoint last release.

Ok I have read the litterature about this error. No I do not have a legacy Termabase. I excluded studio.exe from my avira AVG antivirus and finally out of despair I did the complete reset of Studio (the one where you rename the folders in the folders in documents , etc Article (number:000001417).

It seems that for some strange reason Studio would not open or should I say convert the .pptx files. When I put together a projet the scanning phase goes OK, but then I get 10 errors for the 10 pptx files I have.

Here is what my parameters of pptx filetype look like:

Of course when I try do do a preview of one of the file that generates an error, I get the good "Value cannot be null. Parameter name:key".

I have 15,000 words to give back in 3 days, I am a bit anxious. Any help or suggestion is welcomed.

Kind regards

Ivan Bertrand

Parents
  • Hi Ivan

As a workaround, why not use the older file type? Just untick the box for the newer PresentationML as shown below:

Now to understand why you are having an error, please post the error details.
    You can find them by clicking the floppy disk mark (marked yellow below) to save them:

• Hello,

We have the same error! with the same settings. Here is the error log from SDL:

<SDLErrorDetails time="8/30/2017 5:49:41 PM">
    <ErrorMessage>Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key</ErrorMessage>
    <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName>key</ParamName>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>System</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideContent.StoreIllustration(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.SlideContentLocation.InSlide.StoreInSlideContent(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Drawings.ShapeTreeRoute.Handle(Entity entity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Routes.DispatchRoute.Dispatch(Entity entity)
    at lambda_method(Closure , IMessage )
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Infrastructure.Dispatcher.Publish(IMessage message)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Publish(Entity parsedEntity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Parse()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Parser.DispatchingParserService.Process(Func`1 inputStreamFactory, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ParseSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, String slidePath)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ProcessSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, SlideReference slideReference)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Process>b__0(SlideReference slideReference)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.Process(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Archive.ArchiveParser.Parse(String extractedArchivePath, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ProcessArchive()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Conversion.ConversionTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
    </Exception>
    <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.6278.0</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>CTS-VAN\stephanie.pietz</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>PC3082</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>16714524 MB</PhysicalMemory>
    </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>
  • Hello,

We have the same error! with the same settings. Here is the error log from SDL:

<SDLErrorDetails time="8/30/2017 5:49:41 PM">
    <ErrorMessage>Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key</ErrorMessage>
    <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName>key</ParamName>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>System</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideContent.StoreIllustration(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.SlideContentLocation.InSlide.StoreInSlideContent(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Drawings.ShapeTreeRoute.Handle(Entity entity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Routes.DispatchRoute.Dispatch(Entity entity)
    at lambda_method(Closure , IMessage )
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Infrastructure.Dispatcher.Publish(IMessage message)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Publish(Entity parsedEntity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Parse()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Parser.DispatchingParserService.Process(Func`1 inputStreamFactory, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ParseSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, String slidePath)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ProcessSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, SlideReference slideReference)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Process>b__0(SlideReference slideReference)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.Process(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Archive.ArchiveParser.Parse(String extractedArchivePath, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ProcessArchive()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Conversion.ConversionTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
    </Exception>
    <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.6278.0</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>CTS-VAN\stephanie.pietz</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>PC3082</ComputerName>