Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key when trying to translate .pptx files

Hi everyone,

I have to translate a bunch of files for a car company (luxury, German, starts with a B) nope I did not give the name.

In this set of file I have .doc, .ppt, .xlx and .pptx which I beleive is the new format for Powerpoint last release.

Ok I have read the litterature about this error. No I do not have a legacy Termabase. I excluded studio.exe from my avira AVG antivirus and finally out of despair I did the complete reset of Studio (the one where you rename the folders in the folders in documents , etc Article (number:000001417).

It seems that for some strange reason Studio would not open or should I say convert the .pptx files. When I put together a projet the scanning phase goes OK, but then I get 10 errors for the 10 pptx files I have.

Here is what my parameters of pptx filetype look like:

Of course when I try do do a preview of one of the file that generates an error, I get the good "Value cannot be null. Parameter name:key".

I have 15,000 words to give back in 3 days, I am a bit anxious. Any help or suggestion is welcomed.

Kind regards

Ivan Bertrand

Parents
  • Hi Ivan

As a workaround, why not use the older file type? Just untick the box for the newer PresentationML as shown below:

Now to understand why you are having an error, please post the error details.
    You can find them by clicking the floppy disk mark (marked yellow below) to save them:

• Hello,

We have the same error! with the same settings. Here is the error log from SDL:

<SDLErrorDetails time="8/30/2017 5:49:41 PM">
    <ErrorMessage>Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key</ErrorMessage>
    <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName>key</ParamName>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>System</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideContent.StoreIllustration(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.SlideContentLocation.InSlide.StoreInSlideContent(PowerPointIllustration illustration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Drawings.ShapeTreeRoute.Handle(Entity entity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Routes.DispatchRoute.Dispatch(Entity entity)
    at lambda_method(Closure , IMessage )
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Infrastructure.Dispatcher.Publish(IMessage message)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Publish(Entity parsedEntity)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Services.ParserService.Parse()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.Core.Parser.DispatchingParserService.Process(Func`1 inputStreamFactory, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ParseSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, String slidePath)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.ProcessSlide(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration, SlideReference slideReference)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Process>b__0(SlideReference slideReference)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Slides.SlideParser.Process(IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.Parser.Archive.ArchiveParser.Parse(String extractedArchivePath, IDispatcherConfiguration dispatcherConfiguration)
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ProcessArchive()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.MicrosoftOffice.PowerPoint.PptxParser.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
    at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Conversion.ConversionTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
    at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
    </Exception>
    <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.6278.0</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>CTS-VAN\stephanie.pietz</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>PC3082</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>16714524 MB</PhysicalMemory>
    </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>
  • Also, we have no termbase, saving down to ppt will allow the file to work BUT breaks the files when trying to save back up to PPTX...So we really need it to stay in PPTX...
Reply Children