Dependency file not found ...

I have tried to read about the same topic in previous discussions, but it seems somehow different. It's not about opening a new package. I have been working on the same file for months, but suddenly this massage appears when I open the file. It asks me to browse the missing file, but I can't find it on my computer. 

When I close this window and open the file anyway, I got another massage of error: "The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected termbase. Check the Terminology Verifier settings." This appears now for each row that I translate. I have found where those Terminology Verifier settings are, but I don't understand what is wrong there.

Parents
  • If you have created the translation then yes, you can find the original file and use that, inside the project folder.

If you have opened a translation package, then you probably don't have the original file. What I do in such a case is this:
    1. remove the project from SDL Studio
    2. open the package again (but in a different folder of course)
    3. open the file that presents the problem and create a preview.
    4. remove the second project and open again the first project (with the problem)
    5. open the problematic file and click Yes (or Ja in your case).
    6. Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp
    7. Check out the time stamps on the folders, you will find a recently created folder that will have a docx with a cryptic name, but different from the name that SDL asks you for.
    8. Select that file and when you are asked that this is a different name, are you sure? say yes.
    9. Problem solved (with sdlxliff files intact).
  • If you have created the translation then yes, you can find the original file and use that, inside the project folder.

If you have opened a translation package, then you probably don't have the original file. What I do in such a case is this:
    1. remove the project from SDL Studio
    2. open the package again (but in a different folder of course)
    3. open the file that presents the problem and create a preview.
    4. remove the second project and open again the first project (with the problem)
    5. open the problematic file and click Yes (or Ja in your case).
    6. Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp
    7. Check out the time stamps on the folders, you will find a recently created folder that will have a docx with a cryptic name, but different from the name that SDL asks you for.
    8. Select that file and when you are asked that this is a different name, are you sure? say yes.
    9. Problem solved (with sdlxliff files intact).
Children