Shortcut CTRL+Z (undo) not working

The shortcut CTRL+Z stops working when I open multiple files in Studio 2019. Again. And again.

Although I've been told by the support, that this well known bug will finally be fixed with SR2 - after many, many years. I meet this bug since 2015.

Is there FINALLY a solution, how to remove this bug?

EDIT:

In the "old version" this bug could be temporarily fixed by copying a word into the concordance search field and providing the search. Then it worked again for while.

Now I have to close all open files and to open a single one again.

This is really annoying.

• I think you misread what Paul has been explaining; I don't think he is being sarcastic or gaslighting, just being bluntly realistic (better that than hypocritically rosy) about the fact that without specific action and computer event cues, the technical team is unlikely to find the source of the problem.

The CTRL+Z issue is undeniably a recurrent issue for many people. But what we still need to find out is how to trigger it consistently, so that the bug-correcting programmers can reproduce it easily in order to find the causes in software and possibly hardware conflicts, hence the following instruction that Paul gave to Adrian Palme 4 years ago:
    Text requesting attention to actions performed before undo failure in Trados Studio and suggesting to provide Studio logs for analysis.

And also, this input from Sorina Cuibus is highly relevant:
    List of questions asking for confirmation of Trados Studio version, actions before using Undo, and if the issue occurs on specific files or projects.

In my case, it seems to happen when I've been working on a project for a long time without closing it, and it's especially frequent when I open one or more additional projects without closing the one that was already open. But I haven't found a way to reproduce the issue consistently for troubleshooting purposes. And I'm working on a corporate computer which has some very specific security and administration-related settings which can also contribute to it.

So, in short, the only way an actual solution could be found is for us all to collectively provide as much details as possible regarding when and how the issue occurs: in what environments, on which kind of computers, in association with what other software, after typing this or that combination of keys, with or without other projects open, whether the project is large or not, what plugins are used at the same time, etc.

That is not gaslighting; that is light seeking. Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:37 PM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]