TU Fragment do not return result

Hi

I have the same question like this unsolved question: fragment match does not show up

I have Trados 2021 SR2 - 16.2.8.9097  and I am doing some test to understand the impact of TU Fragment checkbox which exist under:

Project Settings -->  Language Pairs --> (any of 2 options) ---> Translation Memory and Automated Translation --> Search

I expected to have some AutoSuggestions when I checked this checkbox and when I have this segment in my source file:

CPU AMD is great.

and this TU in it`s project`s translation memory:

CPU AMD called Ryzen is great.

but no AutoSuggestions appears and "No matches found" show in the Fragment Matches window.

fix something
[edited by: Ehsan Abidi ashtiani at 9:17 AM (GMT 0) on 20 Jan 2022]
emoji
Parents
  • Fragment Matching works on the basis of the alignment process being able to align fragments of source and target texts with a degree of surety.  The process isn't as clever as a real person and doesn't always know with enough certainty whether or not a particular word or phrase has a matching translation.  The larger the TM, the more the subject matter is the same, the better the fragment matching... potentially.

So you won't always get suggestions for everything.

How big is your TM?  What settings are you using?  Have you got this checked in your project settings?

Trados Studio screenshot showing Fragment Matching Options for upLIFT with 'TU Fragment' option checked and minimum words for a match set to 3.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:33 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Fragment Matching works on the basis of the alignment process being able to align fragments of source and target texts with a degree of surety.  The process isn't as clever as a real person and doesn't always know with enough certainty whether or not a particular word or phrase has a matching translation.  The larger the TM, the more the subject matter is the same, the better the fragment matching... potentially.

So you won't always get suggestions for everything.

How big is your TM?  What settings are you using?  Have you got this checked in your project settings?

Trados Studio screenshot showing Fragment Matching Options for upLIFT with 'TU Fragment' option checked and minimum words for a match set to 3.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:33 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children