Recently updated to ver. 16.2.8.9097 of SDL Trados 2021 - auto-suggested language pair is wrong - FR-GER instead of Eng-Fr. I already did a repair of the software but still have the problem.

Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio showing incorrect auto-suggested language pair in Translation Memory and Document Settings window, displaying French (Canada) to German instead of English to French.Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio Task Results window with an error message stating 'No language cloud engine found' for a file conversion task from French to German.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:26 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Well, if my answers are dissatisfactory, so this is the result of the lack of basic information in your posts. Nothing happens without an interaction with the user. Studio does not put files in folder on its own, because it simply does not add or remove files. To do so an user action is required.

So please describe all the steps you've taken, post screenshots of your projects and tell me how do you create these. What do you mean with "source and target file put in the wrong sub-directory of the project, source language chosen automatically as French instead of English"? Where did that happen? Studio does not chose any languages on its own, this must be done by the user. If the user fails to pay attention when starting a project and takes the settings offered there, not the software is guilty, but the user. You can always change source and target languages, regardless the method you start your project in Studio. You can change the languages in single file approach and when using project template. You can also always chose the folders where the actions will be taken unless you are using Drag & Drop. But to be able to tell what happens I need to know how you work.

emoji
Children