Recently updated to ver. 16.2.8.9097 of SDL Trados 2021 - auto-suggested language pair is wrong - FR-GER instead of Eng-Fr. I already did a repair of the software but still have the problem.

Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio showing incorrect auto-suggested language pair in Translation Memory and Document Settings window, displaying French (Canada) to German instead of English to French.Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio Task Results window with an error message stating 'No language cloud engine found' for a file conversion task from French to German.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:26 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • This first image shows you the project files - this is a file that was translated some time ago English to French - no problem.

Trados Studio project files view showing a translated English to French file with status 'Translated' and no visible errors.

The second image shows you what happens when I add the new file (English).Warning message in Trados Studio stating 'The translation provider tradosdata: could not be opened and has been disabled.'

The next one shows what happened after.Error message in Trados Studio task results indicating 'Language code engine not found' for a file conversion task.

The next one shows the directory (Project Dexis EN-ca) where it created inserted the file and created the sdlxliff file.File explorer view within Trados Studio showing the Project Dexis EN-ca directory with newly created sdlxliff file.

Finally, this is what I got when I opened the sdlxliff file. Here I am able to change the languages. So apart frm the previous problems, this part is OK.

I will try to reproduce a situation with autoselected source language (FR), which should have been English.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:27 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children