Recently updated to ver. 16.2.8.9097 of SDL Trados 2021 - auto-suggested language pair is wrong - FR-GER instead of Eng-Fr. I already did a repair of the software but still have the problem.

Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio showing incorrect auto-suggested language pair in Translation Memory and Document Settings window, displaying French (Canada) to German instead of English to French.Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio Task Results window with an error message stating 'No language cloud engine found' for a file conversion task from French to German.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:26 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • As shown, I opened an existing Eng-Fr project and tried to insert and new file to translate from Eng to Fr. The screens show you the step-by-step issues.

Below I am sendin you another issue. I created a Fr-Eng project via "Welcome" of a new file. Once the file showed on the screen, it does not allow me to open it even though it is not a large file to prepare (small 2 pages).Trados Studio error message 'Cannot open cloud project file' with details 'This project file is still being processed or you do not have permission to lock or edit the current project file.'

The file FINALLY opened, but what a long tedious process since this cloud service came into effect.  I would really like to just return to the normal way I was working without the cloud, without the deadlines (self-employed - don't need this constant emailing), etc.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:27 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children