This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Progress display in files

Since I updated Trados, the progress shown in the progress column in files view is wrong. 

Is there anything I can do to have the correct progress shown?

Or is there some new algorithm that calculates the progress and can I chose somewhere the formula for it?

Thank you!

[locked by: Paul at 7:29 AM (GMT 1) on 19 Oct 2022]
emoji
Parents
  • From a translator's view, I personally agree with Simona and Theodor, the word count should reflect the real effort in the progress bar instead of segments, moreover the unconfirmed tags only segments will be placed automatically into the target which is the most convenient feature used by many translators.

It seems the dev team solved a technical bugs, unfortunately only technically, indeed quite misleading in practice.

emoji
  • I wonder why nobody has even considered commenting on whether the "Confirmation Statistics" tab in the very same view as the Files View is suitable?  This provides exactly what you want already.  What we do here actually has nothing to do with me, but the more I think about this one the more I think it should not be changed back to words.  This bar is a very simplistic view of whether the file is complete or not.  Basing this on words alone is incorrect because you cannot reflect progress on this basis.

The accuracy of the percentage in this bar is also irrelevant because it's only a simple indicator of whether the file is complete or not.  But clearly when it's based on segments the percentage is actually accurate.

I suggest you use the idea post referred to earlier if you feel strongly about this.

But I'd really love to hear why the information that is already there, in the same place, doesn't give you what you need?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • I wonder why nobody has even considered commenting on whether the "Confirmation Statistics" tab in the very same view as the Files View is suitable?  This provides exactly what you want already.  What we do here actually has nothing to do with me, but the more I think about this one the more I think it should not be changed back to words.  This bar is a very simplistic view of whether the file is complete or not.  Basing this on words alone is incorrect because you cannot reflect progress on this basis.

The accuracy of the percentage in this bar is also irrelevant because it's only a simple indicator of whether the file is complete or not.  But clearly when it's based on segments the percentage is actually accurate.

I suggest you use the idea post referred to earlier if you feel strongly about this.

But I'd really love to hear why the information that is already there, in the same place, doesn't give you what you need?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children