Excel table embedded in a word file not recognized

Dear community!

I have a project made up of many word documents with lots of excel tables embedded:

Screenshot of a Word document with an embedded Excel table showing columns for 'No', 'Equipamiento', and 'Referencia' with a warning icon indicating attention needed.

So I have lots of tiny tables like these and a BIG problem: since they are not read by Trados (usually they are with no additional configuration), I have to go through every document and type these definition, most of them repeated, manually.

In the configuration of the project, Studio, by default, uses version 2017-2019 for embedded excel elements:

Screenshot of Trados Studio project configuration showing file types with 'Microsoft Excel 2007-2019' checked and an error icon next to it.

And the file properties say that all my docs are word 97-2003:

Screenshot of file properties dialog box showing the file type as 'Documento de Microsoft Word 97-2003 (doc)' with Word icon.

Maybe the reason is this versions conflict?.... It´s really time-consuming going through all those docs and opening each and every table and typing the same again and again...Will be so grateful for help!!!!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:01 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji