Problems with TM

When opening one of my MT, this message appears: the MT is damaged. I tried to install "SDLTM Repair" plugin, but it doesn't work. It seems that something is corrupted, but I cannot open it with any source. Does anybody know what happened and how to solve it? Thanks in advance!

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'The translation memory data is damaged' with a warning icon and a suggestion to repair the data using a translation memory repair application.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:46 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

The message that appears in the plugin doesn't specify what happens...

So the plugin did install.  Then you used it, but it didn't help?  Can you share a screenshot of what you see after using it?

There's no way to open the translation memory, neither with the translation memories view. The same error appears (when creating a project and when trying to open the TM)

ok - in this case reset Studio.  To do this just close Trados Studio and then rename this folder:

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16\

to c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16_old\

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Then restart Trados Studio and see if that helped.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children