Filtering the QAChecker report on inconsistencies only , or at least sort it

I have this 1500-item report, although I have set up QAChecker to be rather minimal.

I would like to see only the cases like "Sentence was translated inconsistently - compared to segment 167".

The report cannot be sorted as such.

As exported to Excel (or further to Excel, to Word), sorting is impossible because there are merged cells.

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi ,

"Sentence was translated inconsistently - compared to segment 10."

but there is no direct way to change and propagage.

Suggestion: displaying both

To display both segments, I select the Source text in the Editor and then right click to filter by that content.

Screenshot showing Trados Studio filter options with Selection Filter, Source Filter, and Target Filter visible along with shortcut Alt+Shift+F.

Now both (or several) segments will be filtered in Editor so I can edit them as needed.

How do you ensure that the valid, unique, version of a segment in the MT propatages everywhere when you have opened the whole list of files

This Auto-propagation feature doesn’t have anything to do with the translation memory (TM). It kicks in even without no TM. So the content confirmed in one segment gets auto-propagated to other segments (no TM involved, although usually the TM is updated after confirming a segment, but it’s better not to mix concepts). If there is a bug in Auto-propagation, as I think you said, I’d like to know about it. In File > Options > Editor > Auto-propagation you can decide how to auto-propagate (from the confirmed segment downwards or all segments, auto-propagate to already confirmed segments or not…).

Most of the time I use this settings:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Options menu with Auto-propagation settings, including Enable Auto-propagation checkbox and options for match value, segment confirmation, and starting position.

I know that not all segments won’t be auto-propagated (only downwards, so I need to go to the first repeated segment) and already confirmed segments won’t be auto-propagated either (so I need to do something manual, basically deleting the translation of repeated segments leaving only the first one, then edit+confirm the first one to auto-propagate). Yes, it’s manual, but it works for me most of the time. If a Trados user is using these settings (by the way, the default settings) and believes that all segments are auto-propagated, he/she will get unexpected results. Other settings can be used as long you know what you are doing.

After the first round of QA has been done, I press F8 key to run Verify again until no actual errors are reported and only false positives are shown.

There are a few things I didn’t understand, so if there is still anything unclear, please let me know.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children