Wo werden meine TMX Einträge gespeichert?

Mir ist nicht so klar, wo genau meine Bestätigungen aus Bachtasks "Master TM aktualisieren" tatsächlich hinterlegt werden?

Derzeit habe ich lediglich eine Engine im Hintergrund eingebunden und keine dateibasierte TMX. Kann ich auch die Engine aktualisieren? 

emoji
Parents
  •   

Perhaps... based on your other posts... you are using a Cloud Translation Engine and this is why you mention "Engine"?  And perhaps when you say you are not using a "file-based TMX" you actually meant you are not using a "file-based TM", or a local TM?

Mir ist nicht so klar, wo genau meine Bestätigungen aus Bachtasks "Master TM aktualisieren" tatsächlich hinterlegt werden?

On that basis perhaps your update TM translations are stored in the cloud TM as part of your Translation Engine?  Have you checked to see whether you have created a Translation Memory as part of your Engine?  The translation engine can contain translation memories, termbases, machine translation.  So it is quite possible to create one without a TM.

I am just guessing as I try to think about what you might be doing.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Wozu die doppelte Arbeit: TM erstellen, diese parallel laufen lassen und diese zum späterem Zeitpunkt in eine Engine einbinden oder aktualisieren? Was für eine Zeitverschwendung.

Vielleicht wäre es überschaubar, wenn eine dateibasierte TM-Datei(mit gleichem Namen) auch in der Engine synchronisiert wird. So bleiben die Dateien immer auf dem neuesten Stand. 

Ansonsten bin ich ja nur mit Datenpflege beschäftigt, das hat nun wirklich nichts mit Übersetzen zu tun.

emoji
  •  

Was für eine Zeitverschwendung.

Well... I think you need to think of it like a template.  Once you have set it up, and you can have different templates, then you only need to select a Translation Engine for your project and you get all the resources it holds in just a few clicks.  I think for busy project managers who create a lot of projects these sort of features are not seen as a waste of time.

Vielleicht wäre es überschaubar, wenn eine dateibasierte TM-Datei(mit gleichem Namen) auch in der Engine synchronisiert wird. So bleiben die Dateien immer auf dem neuesten Stand. 

Of course you are right here.  This would be the ideal situation.  It does bring challenges however... what happens if you start the project from the cloud for example?  But it's good to see you thinking about how the solution could be improved.  For now if you wish to use cloud features it probably makes sense to use cloud resources all the time and maybe do a file-based update once a week perhaps to reduce your maintenance activities and still ensure you always have a local copy should you need it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  •  

Was für eine Zeitverschwendung.

Well... I think you need to think of it like a template.  Once you have set it up, and you can have different templates, then you only need to select a Translation Engine for your project and you get all the resources it holds in just a few clicks.  I think for busy project managers who create a lot of projects these sort of features are not seen as a waste of time.

Of course you are right here.  This would be the ideal situation.  It does bring challenges however... what happens if you start the project from the cloud for example?  But it's good to see you thinking about how the solution could be improved.  For now if you wish to use cloud features it probably makes sense to use cloud resources all the time and maybe do a file-based update once a week perhaps to reduce your maintenance activities and still ensure you always have a local copy should you need it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
Children