My Studio 2022 and my MyMemory plugin no longer play ball together

... And no referee to make the game start againSmiley.

Studio 2022 SR2-17.2.9.18688   MyMemory plugin 22.1.0.0.

It all started 48 hours ago, I tried a few things, most repeatedly, I am now short of ideas, but on the way I collected a number of facts hopefully useful to our Community experts.

How did it appear? I wanted to modify a segment in a project implemented with MyMemory, but when I wanted to confirm the new version Studio just froze and I had to use the Windows task manager to close it. After opening it again, I went to Pproject settings/Language pairs/Translation memories and when making the mouse hover on "MyMemory", I could read in a pop-up notice: "Le fournisseur de traduction requis pour cette entrée n'est pas installé sur cet ordinateur" (Quite strange, as I later had a hard time uninstalling it)! I deactivated MyMemory and could then confirm my modified segment without any further problem.

What did I repeatedly try?

My first idea was to uninstall MyMemory and install it back. In the beginning I could not uninstall MyMemory by just clicking on the garbage can in my personal plugin list and had to pay a visit to the three (actually six) notorious Studio plugin folders. During further tries, a click on the garbage can did the trick, as is normal. When investigating the plugin folders after my last three attempts, I spotted the following *.txt file:

3/14/2024 16:44:35
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à MyMemory.api.Api_pluginversion.CreateParameters()
à MyMemory.api.Api_Base.URL()
à MyMemory.api.Api_Base.Send(Int32[] ignoreResponseCodes)
----------------------------------------------------------------
3/14/2024 17:03:09
System.Net.WebException: Le nom distant n'a pas pu être résolu: 'api.mymemory.translated.net'
à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
----------------------------------------------------------------
3/14/2024 17:09:31
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à MyMemory.api.Api_pluginversion.CreateParameters()
à MyMemory.api.Api_Base.URL()

one for each attempt (The second notice might have coincided with a short Internet failure). Do these notices tell anything to anyone?

And if I am here telling my life story, it is because unfortunately, after each new installation and reactivation, back to the starting point (See above).

Of course I also reset Studio twice or three times, to no avail.

Any intent to help is most welcome.

Gérard

emoji