Window "create a return package" does not shut down

Hello

Studio 2022 Freelance.

Window "create a return package" does not shut down.

tx

Cris

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Trados 2022 SR1, in my case. It started happening with Trados 2022.

One important thing to notice: This isn't the same as a bug I've seen some people commenting where an Outlook window opens.

Normal behavior, if you have Outlook installed (even if you don't use it): When Trados creates a return package, it prepares to send it by e-mail. When that happens, the Outlook icon Outlook icon with a gear on the system tray indicating settings or updates. appears on the system tray and closes soon after, letting us close the return package window. It never opens an Outlook setup window.

Bugged behavior (only happens if you have Outlook installed, even if you don't use it): The Outlook icon does show up, but then it turns into a gray icon. Since I reinstalled Windows and can't screenshot it, I'll describe it: The normal Outlook icon (not the one shown above with the gear) turned gray. When you hover over it, it says "Outlook is closing." It only stops doing that if you close Outlook on the Task Manager. And I can't close the return package window or do anything in Trados until that is done. Once again, no Outlook window ever opens. I'm assuming that Trados waits for Outlook to close to make the package ready to send by e-mail but, as that never happens, it can't.

It would be enough if I could disable the integration with Outlook, as I never use it.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 12:27 PM (GMT 1) on 25 Apr 2024]
Children
No Data