Upgrading anytmreverse-files, malformed TM and lost TM

Hello,

I have a problem with my TM. My Trados was very slow. I had somehow managed to create several Anytmreverse-files that I was told to upgrade. I contacted Trados chat to get help and I did as they instructed:

1. I upgraded my memories. The result was that one file was malformed.
  2. I tried to repair the malformed memory with this instruction but it did not work Error message when opening/editing a translation memory in SDL Trados Studio - Database disk image is malformed
  3. Then I created a new TM but left out the malformed file. The result is that my Trados is faster but I have now lost TM from the years 2018–2019. They must be in the malformed file?
  4. I downloaded the plug in to repair TM. It takes up to two hours to repair one anytmreverse-file and at the end it says something that a part can not be found.

I sometimes get messages about damaged TM when using/opening Trados.

It also seems that Trados is not saving text. It can not remember same text that I translated yesterday.

Is there any way I can fix this and save the missing TM?

I use PC and version Trados Studio 2021 Professional.

Kind regards,

Annastina

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

In general I would always do this:

• never select the reverse TM for anything
    • always select the actual TM you originally created and when working in the opposite direction just use AnyTM to select it

The reverse TM will be created because that's the only way Trados can work in the reverse direction... by not really working in the reverse direction.  So just let the app do the work and you only ever upgrade or work with the original TM.  The system created reverseTMs will be a mirror of your main TM in the opposite direction.

If you have a problem with the reverse TM you should be able to safely delete it and let the app recreate it again.  You won't lose anything this way unless you have been selecting the reverse TM and adding TUs to it that will now not be available in the opposite direction.

Having said all this, if your problem of a mal-formed TM is based on the reverse one only then in theory it's not a problem you need to fix.  Just delete it and it'll get created again when you use AnyTM for the reverse direction of the language pair your main TM is based on.

If I've just confused you then perhaps consider adding an idea for some free training here: 

Introducing our Ideas feature, a dynamic space where you can propose topics for our Trados clinics. Share your ideas, vote on suggestions you're passionate about, and discuss with peers in dedicated threads. Once we cover a topic in a clinic, we'll mark it
    3 ideas

We could deliver a free training session just on this topic.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data