Is that a way that I can unify Trados Settings to all team members?

I have a team of 30 translators using Trados to do translation.

I want all of them to use the same settings and if any setting is changed, I can send then a config file to update their Trados Desktop.

You can see in the Editor's setting page, there're a lot stuff, how can I quickly unity all 30 Trados clients in same settings?

Trados Studio Editor settings page showing options for Startup, Opening files, Side-by-side editor, Customize colors, Formatting display style, Review and Sign-off, and AutoSave. 

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 8:29 AM (GMT 1) on 26 Apr 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, you can unify Trados Studio settings across your team. Trados Studio allows you to export your settings into a .sdlproj file which can then be imported by other users. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio and go to the "File" menu.

Step 2: Select "Setup" and then "Export All Settings..."

Step 3: Save the .sdlproj file to a location of your choice.

Step 4: Share this .sdlproj file with your team members.

Step 5: Your team members can then import these settings by going to "File" -> "Setup" -> "Import Settings..." and selecting the .sdlproj file you shared.

Please note that this will overwrite their current settings, so they should make sure to export and save their current settings first if they want to keep them.

If any settings are changed, you can simply repeat this process to update their Trados Studio settings.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

Yes, you can unify Trados Studio settings across your team. Trados Studio allows you to export your settings into a .sdlproj file which can then be imported by other users. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio and go to the "File" menu.

Step 2: Select "Setup" and then "Export All Settings..."

Step 3: Save the .sdlproj file to a location of your choice.

Step 4: Share this .sdlproj file with your team members.

Step 5: Your team members can then import these settings by going to "File" -> "Setup" -> "Import Settings..." and selecting the .sdlproj file you shared.

Please note that this will overwrite their current settings, so they should make sure to export and save their current settings first if they want to keep them.

If any settings are changed, you can simply repeat this process to update their Trados Studio settings.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data