Same errors keep showing up after Save Target As

Hello,

I'm using Trados Studio 2022, there are some issues keep showing up when I Save Target As after finishing translating, and troubled me a lot.. I'm not sure if anyone encountered the same issues and could provide suggestions on how to resolve them. Very appreciated!

1. I make sure there are no errors (after clicking Verify) and close the file, but when I open the same file and click on Verify, some errors show up. 

2. Followed by the above issue. Most of the errors I mentioned is that the encoding was different from Target and Source, however, after copying Target to Source and finishing translating and then Save Target As. When I open the file, the same error showed up again! (i.e., the encoding I copied returned to the way hasn’t been copied!)

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing source and target translation segments with a warning icon indicating an issue with the text encoding.

3. One error says: “Segment hasn’t been translated” but there is nothing in the Target.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface with source text in English and target text in a non-Latin script, with a warning icon suggesting an encoding mismatch.

Thank you very much for reading my questions.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:55 AM (GMT 1) on 30 May 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •    

I think the reason you may not have any replies is because the questions are not very clear.  Perhaps you can add some further detail after my questions?

1. I make sure there are no errors (after clicking Verify) and close the file, but when I open the same file and click on Verify, some errors show up. 

What errors show up?  Please be specific?  Also explain how you are working precisely?  For example, if you were to keep opening a package then no matter what you did, every time you reopen the package it will be as it was before you started.  I just mention that because I have seen people doing this before and some of your comments fit this description.  You should only open the package once.  When you do that it will create a project in Studio and thereafter you only work on the project.

2. Followed by the above issue. Most of the errors I mentioned is that the encoding was different from Target and Source

What do you mean by "encoding"?  Are you referring to the character encoding of the target file?

however, after copying Target to Source and finishing translating and then Save Target As. When I open the file, the same error showed up again!

This is what makes me think about the way you are working.  But maybe also a simpler solution... did you also just press Ctrl+S to save the translation in addition to saving the target file?

3. One error says: “Segment hasn’t been translated” but there is nothing in the Target.

It would be correct then!  It's not an error error... it's just reporting the fact you have confirmed an empty segment and is using the error category for this.

I found the codes like [canOverlap="yes" dataRefEnd="d2"] will appear after "save target as", and these lead to the result that our source and target is not aligned.

Can you show a screenshot to illustrate what you mean here?

Many apologise for my questions.  It can be quite difficult to try and see what you see in a forum post!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •    

I think the reason you may not have any replies is because the questions are not very clear.  Perhaps you can add some further detail after my questions?

What errors show up?  Please be specific?  Also explain how you are working precisely?  For example, if you were to keep opening a package then no matter what you did, every time you reopen the package it will be as it was before you started.  I just mention that because I have seen people doing this before and some of your comments fit this description.  You should only open the package once.  When you do that it will create a project in Studio and thereafter you only work on the project.

2. Followed by the above issue. Most of the errors I mentioned is that the encoding was different from Target and Source

What do you mean by "encoding"?  Are you referring to the character encoding of the target file?

however, after copying Target to Source and finishing translating and then Save Target As. When I open the file, the same error showed up again!

This is what makes me think about the way you are working.  But maybe also a simpler solution... did you also just press Ctrl+S to save the translation in addition to saving the target file?

It would be correct then!  It's not an error error... it's just reporting the fact you have confirmed an empty segment and is using the error category for this.

I found the codes like [canOverlap="yes" dataRefEnd="d2"] will appear after "save target as", and these lead to the result that our source and target is not aligned.

Can you show a screenshot to illustrate what you mean here?

Many apologise for my questions.  It can be quite difficult to try and see what you see in a forum post!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data