Studio 2022 crashes repeatedly: "New content cannot be inserted inside locked content"

My Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084 crashes repeatedly when I paste (CTRL + v) content into random segments that are not locked. I get the following message and then must reboot Trados:

Error dialog box with a red cross icon saying 'New content cannot be inserted inside locked content.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

The last segment where Trados crashed looked like this:

Trados Studio interface showing a segment of text in two languages, with a warning icon indicating a 99% match next to the target language text.

What can I do to prevent those crashes?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:03 AM (GMT 1) on 7 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Paul, thanks for reaching out.

I am currently unable to replicate this, even on the segment I referenced (61). I keep pasting things in different ways and it's not crashing. In addition, I'm done working on the document and unwilling to shoot a video for long enough for thecrash to occur again. I can provide the files you find that helpful. 

Additional information, idk how relevant

- I had track changes on,

- perhaps with no markup showing.

- Perhaps I was pasting over some previously deleted or added passages.

- After generating the target Word document, I also found some content controls in it, but not in what came out of Segment 61.

- While I was still working in Trados, I avoided the crashes by not pasting over existing text - instead I cut old text and then I pasted new text next to it.

emoji