Worldserver compatibility pack for Trados 2022

Hello!

I had a similar problem with Trados 2021 some time ago but I gave up after nothing seemed to work.

Now I have almost the same problem with my Trados 2022 installation. I am able to download and install the relevant Worldserver Compatibility Pack for my Trados version, but whenever I try to to open a WSXZ file, I get an error message that mentions Multiterm. I do not understand why this happens, as I don't even have Multiterm installed.

The full error message is below:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross symbol indicating an error. The message states 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' and includes a stack trace with references to Multiterm, WorldServer, and other internal components.

I have reinstalled everything and made sure that no other Trados installations are present on my machine. Yet the error persists. I have searched the community forums for a fix but I could not find anything.

I know I can rename Worldserver packages as zip files and extract everything to create a local project, but I really would rather take advantage of the convenience of simply opening them and focusing on translating rather than troubleshooting.

Do you think this could have something to do with Multiterm, or perhaps I should try installing another version of the Compatbility Pack (rather than the one that gets downloaded from within Trados Studio)?

Thanks in advance,

Luciano

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:42 PM (GMT 1) on 23 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hello Caterina,

I was able to open your package. It has now been established that I can open basic Worldserver packages.

That said, it seems that the problem might have been with some packages that have been prepared by one specific customer. I've tried to open multiple WSXZ files from previous projects, some of them created as far back as one year ago, but they result in the same error message and won't open.

I renamed your package and one of my packages as zip files and checked their folder structure to see if there's any difference.

This is from yours:

Folder view showing files: fuzzybands.settings, qachecker.sdlqasettings, tm.settings, tqa.settings, ws.settings, ws.version.

And this is from mine:

Folder view showing files: fuzzybands.settings, terminology_data.tbx, tm.settings, ws.settings, ws.version, XCS.xml.

I may be grasping at straws here, but perhaps the problem is in TBX file? Is it possible that such a WSXZ package won't open unless the user trying to open it has a specific Trados Studio installation with Multiterm?

Best regards,

Luciano

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:18 PM (GMT 1) on 25 Jul 2024]
Children
No Data