Trados Studio 2021: Translated footnotes not showing in target document

Hi all,

I am using Trados Studio 2021.

I have translated into French a very large project (over 120 pages) from an English source file in a Word document. The document has about 90 footnotes. In the exported document in Word, only the first 2 footnotes appear as translated and the rest are still in English. I have translated all of the footnotes in Trados 2021 and don't understand why they aren't showing in the exported document. I saw a previous post about this: I have checked the tag verifier which was on in the project. Also no error message is being displayed in Trados, no I don't know what is causing the issue.

I need to figure out the issue asap as the project has already been delivered and the client is waiting for me to fix this.

If someone could please help me out with this issue, I would be very grateful!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand your concern about the footnotes not appearing in the translated document. This issue might be due to the version of Trados Studio used for generating the target file. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that you are using the same version of Trados Studio for both translating and generating the target file. If you translated the document using Trados Studio 2021, make sure to also generate the target file using the same version.

Step 2: If you don't have Trados Studio 2021 installed, it's recommended that you use Trados Studio 2019 for both translating and generating the target file.

Step 3: Check the settings in Trados Studio to ensure that the tag verifier is turned on. This can help identify any issues with the tags in your document.

Step 4: If the issue persists, you might want to consider re-translating the footnotes and then re-exporting the document.

Remember, it's important to use the same version of Trados Studio throughout the entire translation process to avoid any inconsistencies or issues with the final document.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand your concern about the footnotes not appearing in the translated document. This issue might be due to the version of Trados Studio used for generating the target file. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that you are using the same version of Trados Studio for both translating and generating the target file. If you translated the document using Trados Studio 2021, make sure to also generate the target file using the same version.

Step 2: If you don't have Trados Studio 2021 installed, it's recommended that you use Trados Studio 2019 for both translating and generating the target file.

Step 3: Check the settings in Trados Studio to ensure that the tag verifier is turned on. This can help identify any issues with the tags in your document.

Step 4: If the issue persists, you might want to consider re-translating the footnotes and then re-exporting the document.

Remember, it's important to use the same version of Trados Studio throughout the entire translation process to avoid any inconsistencies or issues with the final document.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data