Sometimes you may have long-term projects in Studio, when you regularly receive files and then issue invoices for that additional files. TBM allows to handle this workflow in the following way.
- When you initially create a project and add first files, TBM will synchronize data and create a corresponding project as well, importing analysis data from initial set of files.
- When you calculated first amount, open this project in TBM and uncheck Synced checkbox, so amounts and volumes will be preserved despite any changes in a Studio project.
- When next batch of files arrive and you update Studio project, go to list of project in TBM, open that project and clear existing tasks.
- Check that Studio project file path field points to the same project, and that Synced checkbox is not checked.
Note: in current version (5.3), when you clone a project, Studio project file path field gets cleared. This will be fixed in upcoming version 5.3.1.
- Click Import from CAT tool button and then click '...' in the File field. Open file dialog will be opened in the Studio project folder.
Note: in current version (5.3), when you open this dialog, Source language field is empty. However, when a project is linked with Studio project, this language could be determined automatically. This will be fixed in upcoming version 5.3.1.
- Select analysis report for new files and import it.
- Now you have two separate projects in TBM which are linked with the same Studio project, but they could be invoiced separately.
- Since you may have multiple projects in TBM linked with the same Studio project, you may wish to check aggregates for this project. To do this, use Charts window, Project aggregates tab (see documentation).