Studio 2022 Find/Replace dialog box is always displayed on top

Hi folks
Does anyone know how to stop the Find/Replace dialog box from always being displayed on top?

In Studio 2017 when you clicked on another window/program the Find/Replace dialog box would then be in the background, below the clicked window/program and no longer in the way. In Studio 2022 it is always in the way (on top) so I either have to move it out of the way, or close it then open it again next time I need it.

This happens in Windows 10 and 11 so presumably it's something to do with Studio 2022. I recently updated Studio, no change.

Any ideas?

The Studio Find/Replace dialog box is always on top of any other window such as the browser as shown in this pic, also if I click in the browser window.

It's the only dialog box that does this. In Word for example the Search/Replace box goes to the background when clicking on Studio (or another program) and is displayed in the foreground when you click on Word again.

Here's what it looks like

Screenshot of a forum post discussing the persistent on-top behavior of the Find and Replace dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 on a Windows operating system.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:31 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •   

I don't believe there is a setting for this. In a way it's almost funny as for years people complained that they wanted a way to put this window on top and now you want the opposite.  The solution many people provided to put this on top was to use AutoHotkey like this:

WinSet, Alwaysontop, On, Find and Replace

I didn't write this original script, I took it from here:  RE: Set a window Always On Top and then just edited it like this to do the opposite:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Find & Replace windows always on top... turn them off!
    #IfWinActive Trados Studio
    Ctrl & f::
    SendInput, ^f
    Sleep, 99
    IfWinExist, Find and Replace
    WinActivate, Find and Replace
    Sleep, 99
    WinSet, Alwaysontop, Off, Find and Replace
    Return
    Ctrl & h::
    SendInput, ^h
    Sleep, 99
    Sleep, 99
    Return
    #IfWinActive

It seems to work for me, so if you have AutoHotkey it may be what you're after until (if) it gets resolved.

may have a better script as I just dabble with this stuff!

Interestingly if you hadn't posted into the wrong forum I wouldn't have even thought about AutoHotkey to solve this ;-)

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •   

I don't believe there is a setting for this. In a way it's almost funny as for years people complained that they wanted a way to put this window on top and now you want the opposite.  The solution many people provided to put this on top was to use AutoHotkey like this:

I didn't write this original script, I took it from here:  RE: Set a window Always On Top and then just edited it like this to do the opposite:

; Find & Replace windows always on top... turn them off!
    #IfWinActive Trados Studio
    Ctrl & f::
    SendInput, ^f
    Sleep, 99
    Sleep, 99
    Return
    Ctrl & h::
    SendInput, ^h
    Sleep, 99
    Sleep, 99
    Return
    #IfWinActive

It seems to work for me, so if you have AutoHotkey it may be what you're after until (if) it gets resolved.

may have a better script as I just dabble with this stuff!

Interestingly if you hadn't posted into the wrong forum I wouldn't have even thought about AutoHotkey to solve this ;-)

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data