Nothing happens when I click on Language Weaver Provider

I am using Trados 2021 and installed Language Weaver Provider. But When I click on Language Weaver Provider, nothing happens. Also, when I go to Cloud-based Resource and select MT translation, it doesn't show up any suggestion but just empty.

I'm using the latest version of Trados since there's no any notifications under Help either. Anyone has idea about how I can resolve this please? The language pair I'd like to use is Korean - English. Many thanks in advance.

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Kim

I've got mixed answers - the Cloud Based resource is the correct way to go, but I've just tried to set up a new document from English to Korean and get the same result as you.  I've checked on the Language Weaver site, and English/Korean is definitely there:

Language selection interface showing English as the source language and Korean as the target language, with an error icon next to Korean.

I did wonder if it was down to the version of English you selected, but I've tried several options all with the same result (UK/US/World) so don't think it's that. 

However, I did wonder if it would work in the cloud, so set up a new TM and Translation Engine in the cloud portal - that accepted the MT, and it worked correctly (or as well as I can tell, without being able to speak Korean!)

Trados Online Editor interface displaying a Word document with English text on the left and the corresponding Korean machine translation on the right, marked with 'NMT' for neural machine translation.

Having created it in the cloud portal, I could then open it in Studio, with the whole document pre-translated, so whilst it doesn't answer why you can't get the NMT to work directly in Studio, it does give you a viable work around.

Hope that helps

Rob

Rob

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:16 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  •   

I just ran a simple test, en(US) - ko(KR) and using the plugin I have this:

Which seems to be fine.  Then using Cloud-based Resources I have this:

Which also looks ok.  Both can be added for me:

And both providers return results:

I think, looking at the problems you both report there may be some account issue at play so I'll log a case to get to the bottom of it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji