DeepL NMT for Arabic

Dear Community!

A question to those using NMT offered by DeepL Pro. 

Not so long ago the free on-line version of DeepL included Arabic language, however, Trados insists that this pair does not exist and, therefore, shows an error when trying to add this provider to the project settings. How come? Paid version is behind the free on-line one?

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'DeepL Translator provider using DeepL Translator' does not support any language combination in this project or project template. Consider using AnyTM to add your translation memory.

What about LW? Does it offer Arabic?

Thanks in advance!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:26 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I think we're all well aware of this problem and that it's still there.  Please note that this isn't anything we can do until DeepL provide support for the APIs.  The plugin works because DeepL provide endpoints that allow us to access their technology for supported languages.  The supported languages are all documented here in their documentation:

https://developers.deepl.com/docs/resources/supported-languages

At the top of their page they state this:

Information box stating Arabic and Chinese (traditional) are not yet supported for document translation on the languages endpoint, with a note on future inclusion.

This is no different to the information I relayed to you 7-months ago.  The situation has not changed so if you want more information than this please contact DeepL.

Maybe Trados team could adapt the DeepL plugin, i.e. include this Modern Arabic in the list of supported languages? 

We cannot do this unless DeepL allow us to access their Arabic through their API endpoint for language.  Make sense?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:13 AM (GMT 1) on 19 Sep 2024]
Children