"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Former Member
Former Member

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

SDL Trados Studio 2019 interface showing a segment with the term 'Wasserfilter' not highlighted in the term recognition window.

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

SDL Multiterm 2019 search window displaying the entry for 'Wasserfilter' after a manual search.

How can I solve this problem?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:20 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Terms with two letters and an ampersand are not recognized in the Term Recognition window

Hi Jonathan,

Are you saying terms with 2 letters plus an ampersand aren't recognised? Or terms with 2 letters, as well as terms with an ampersand?

I expect you know that you know that you need to have the following box ticked for recognition of 2-letter terms? 

Screenshot of SDL Trados Studio Project Settings window, showing the Verification settings for the Terminology Verifier. The 'Enable recognition of two-letter terms' option is checked.

Regarding term recognition with an ampersand, are you saying that the terms in the termbase have an ampersand?

In Studio 2022, I found that false positives were returned for terms due to content that is around them or before or after, such as tags or complex punctuation...

I suspect that Studio 2024 will already be more accurate in that respect because the settings are now such that a Minimum match value of 100% really does mean 100%, therefore it flags up, for example, plurals as false positives. I'm finding that a Minimum match value of 95% stops that.

It's a work in process...

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:28 PM (GMT 1) on 24 Jul 2024]
  •  Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know this setting and it is activated. In my case the source term 'S&O'  (translation: l'équipe S & O) isn't shown in the Term Recognition Window, although it's in my termbase.

Another frustrating problem happens when a term that is written for example in 1 word (arbeidsongevallenverzekering) is written wrong in the source text (for example in two words: arbeidsongevallen verzekering). Suddenly, the term isn't recognised anymore (even when I lower the Minimum match value to 45%). 

emoji
  •   

Hi Jonathan,

I wouldn't expect term verification to pick up a two-word source term where the termbase only has a single word. Also, I'd never go as low as 45% Minum match value (under Terminology Verifier > Verification Settings) because that would trigger a whole lot of unrequired false positives, because that figure applies to Source and Target terms. 

If, however, you are referring to the Termbase Search Settings, i.e. the settings used when searching for source terms as you translate, then this match value can be lower and I find 70% usually finds everything I need except when the source term is split in to two words. 

It would be good if you could create a new thread giving precise details of what you're flagging up as an issue, as I'm not sure here. Also I've just noticed how old this post is, over 4 years. 

That way, someone from RWS (I'm just a Studio user, not an RWS employee) such as  can look at the issues you're describing and help you achieve greater accuracy in term recognition, etc.

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji