TRADOS STUDIO 2022 Term Recognition NOT working correctly ?

Confirmation Statistics in Trados Studio 2022

I have already reported that, in the Files view Studio 2022, the Confirmation Statistics is wrong since some changes was made in Studio 2022 from the Confirmation Statistics being in Words to being in Segments.

community.rws.com/.../trados-studio-2022-term-recognition-not-working-consistently

I am posting again as I realized that the Confirmation Statistics is wrong in all cases

• When I want to see, as I used to and prefer to, the Confirmation Statistics in Words it is obviously in error as the Files view Confirmation Statistics was changed to Segments 
  • Screenshot of Trados Studio 2022 showing incorrect Confirmation Statistics with 27 segments Translated and 25 Not Translated, displaying 50% instead of 51.9%.
  • When I want to see the Confirmation Statistics it is also in error with respect to the Files view showing the Confirmation Statistics in Segments?

The example below shows 50% in the Files view with 27 segments Translated and 25 segments Not translated, which is actually 51.9%, which means that Files view in Studio 2022 (changed by default to Confirmation Statistics in Segments) is also an incorrect indicator.

Screenshot of Trados Studio 2022 with a different view of Confirmation Statistics still showing the incorrect percentage of 50% for the same number of segments.

I wish to see this very inconvenient change made in Studio 2022 being reversed in the next update, back to where it was in Studio 2021 and before for the last 10 years.
I work and get paid by Words, not by Segments and this is the metrics I should see in Studio 2022 

See what it is correctly done in Studio 2021 below

Screenshot of Trados Studio 2021 correctly displaying Confirmation Statistics in Words with 47% for the same project, indicating the error in Studio 2022.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 8:27 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Paul

I am sorry about the title issue.

1) Confirmation statistics is one of the issues that has to be worked on in the next release.

I have been using Trados for 11 years (Studio 2009) and followed my progress toward completion and getting paid by Words and all the sudden, it is changed to segments and even worse is still incorrect as I discovered in my report above.

Please, just listen to the many people arguing and get back to a "Files" view by Words or make it selectable by the user as it is selectable in the Confirmation Statistics windows.

2) The issue: "TRADOS STUDIO 2022 Term Recognition NOT working correctly" was related to Multiterm and running a "Termbase reorganization" fix the issue, but now I have realised that the termbase needs reorganization to display correctly the existing terms correponding to each segment currently selected, I am asking if this can be done in Studio?

emoji
  •   

1) Confirmation statistics is one of the issues that has to be worked on in the next release.

Only in your opinion and apparently two other users (at the time of replying).  Please use this idea to further your case for that one.  You need the product management team to review your rational thoughts on this one, and you need the support of more users:

Please go back to Progress Bar focusing on words not segments 

I have realised that the termbase needs reorganization to display correctly the existing terms correponding to each segment currently selected, I am asking if this can be done in Studio?

I think the first thing is that this should not needed all the time unless you are constantly importing new terms or something like that.  This leads to the direct answer to your question which is no, it can only be done through Multiterm as this is really an administrative feature for terminology.

Having said that maybe you should raise an idea in the ideas portal for the appstore as it "might" be possible to create a plugin to add this feature to Studio if you do need it more often:  RWS AppStore Ideas 

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji