The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

I got a number of error message while working in the latest Trads Studio 2022 revision and those errors, while not crashing my work, are puzzling me as I was not trying to save any bilingual.

Note than the second message related to the bilingual file popped up over the first one a minute later while I was looking for documentationError dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 stating 'Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:12 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • I've also tried chkdsk to no avail, unfortunately.

Even more worryingly, I have a further development to report: "The case of the disappearing sdlxliff".

This has actually happened twice since this set of problems began, but it's so strange that the first time I assumed it was me who had done something stupid.

One day (after doing the chkdsk) I had repeated 0x%1 and 0x%2 error messages when trying to save my file, which were always resolved eventually after trying several times.

The next morning, I went into my project and tried to open my file to continue translating, only to be faced with this: 

Error message in Trados Studio showing 'Failed to open' a file with warnings about an unexpected error detecting file type and the file not being found at the specified location.

When I went into the project file to have a look, the sdlxliff had indeed completely disappeared.

I had no choice but to recreate the project, which fortunately I was able to populate from my TM. Since then I've been very careful to back up my project files in a separate location before closing Trados, but it's a pain to do, and I don't really need the extra stress!

I've been a big fan and advocate of Trados for years, but this issue and the time it's taking to find a solution have me feeling like we're back to the bad old days...

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children