How to hide some segments of the source text

Hi, 

I have a source text in which there are segments in English mixed with previously translated segments (Spanish).

Can I hide the already translated text in the editor and see only English segments in the source text column?

Thanks, 

Marta 

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Jesús, 

The source text has both languages together, some segments are in Spanish and others in English (example attached).
    It is a software translation and the colleague preparing the files has them mixed, for some reason. 
    I have tried the first option you included, but when applying the filter, nothing happens. 

I thought the tool would have a simple way of recognising different languages in the ST, and it wouldn't be difficult to hide one. 
    The doc is longish. I don't think I want to manually lock all Spanish segments. 

Thanks, 

Marta

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with mixed Spanish and English text. Some segments are marked as 90% and 100% complete.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 4:10 PM (GMT 1) on 18 Apr 2024]
  •  

A picture is worth more than a thousand words!

I agree with   that there is no automatic way to do it.

Which is the source file, I mean, a TXT an XML? And could you please post a snippet of the first lines to show the lines of your screen shot? May be Spanish texts ara cleearly differenciated from the English ones, and then we can deal with them…

As a last resort, you can filter out segments with Spanish specific characters, such as áéíóúüñ, and maybe you can lock 40 % of the segments, but I’d recommend exploring the possibility mentioned above, and for doing so, we need a sample of the source file.

emoji
Reply Children