Parameter is not valid

Hi! I have the 2022 version, and since yesterday I get an error notification "parameter is not valid" for no reason, at random times, very frequently, and it won't let me continue typing. I have to close the program, and open it again, but minutes later it happens again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!! 

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. The error message "parameter is not valid" can be caused by a variety of factors. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

Step 1: Try disabling the Community notifications from the Help ribbon menu by clicking on Settings. This might be causing the error if it's trying to fetch data that's causing a conflict.

Step 2: Clear the cache of Trados Studio. You can do this by going to Tools > Options > Environment > Files and Folders and clicking on the 'Clear Cache' button.

Step 3: Check if there are any updates available for Trados Studio 2022. You can do this by going to Help > Check for Updates.

Step 4: If the problem persists, you might want to consider reinstalling Trados Studio 2022. Make sure to back up your settings and projects before doing so.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If the problem persists, please provide more details about the error, such as when it occurs and what actions you're performing when it happens. This will help in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • The error pops up randomly, when I am typing and it will not let me continue typing. It is very very annoying. I have already installed the latest version of 2022.

emoji
Reply Children