Parameter is not valid

Hi! I have the 2022 version, and since yesterday I get an error notification "parameter is not valid" for no reason, at random times, very frequently, and it won't let me continue typing. I have to close the program, and open it again, but minutes later it happens again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!! 

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. The error message "parameter is not valid" can be caused by a variety of factors. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

Step 1: Try disabling the Community notifications from the Help ribbon menu by clicking on Settings. This might be causing the error if it's trying to fetch data that's causing a conflict.

Step 2: Clear the cache of Trados Studio. You can do this by going to Tools > Options > Environment > Files and Folders and clicking on the 'Clear Cache' button.

Step 3: Check if there are any updates available for Trados Studio 2022. You can do this by going to Help > Check for Updates.

Step 4: If the problem persists, you might want to consider reinstalling Trados Studio 2022. Make sure to back up your settings and projects before doing so.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If the problem persists, please provide more details about the error, such as when it occurs and what actions you're performing when it happens. This will help in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • The error pops up randomly, when I am typing and it will not let me continue typing. It is very very annoying. I have already installed the latest version of 2022.

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand how frustrating this can be. Let's try a few more steps to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Trados Studio 2022. This includes checking your operating system, processor, memory, and available disk space.

Step 2: Try running Trados Studio 2022 as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the Trados Studio 2022 icon and select 'Run as administrator'.

Step 3: If you're working with a large project, consider breaking it down into smaller parts. Large projects can sometimes cause performance issues.

Step 4: If the issue persists, you might want to reset your user profile. Please note that this will reset all your settings to their default values. You can do this by going to File > Setup > Reset User Profile.

Remember to always save your work frequently to prevent any loss of data. I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If the problem continues, it might be best to reach out to the software provider for further assistance.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • The computer is new! and fine, I run it as an administrator, broke down the project in three parts... and all of that did not solve the problem.

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. It's clear that you've tried a lot of steps to resolve it. Let's try a couple more things:

Step 1: Try disabling any antivirus software temporarily. Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with Trados Studio. If this resolves the issue, you may need to add Trados Studio to your antivirus software's list of exceptions.

Step 2: If you're using any plugins or extensions with Trados Studio, try disabling them. Sometimes, these can cause conflicts.

Step 3: Try creating a new Windows user profile. There could be an issue with your current user profile that's causing the problem.

Step 4: If none of these steps work, you might want to consider contacting the software provider for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or identify if there's a bug that needs to be addressed.

I understand how frustrating this can be, and I appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. It's clear that you've tried a lot of steps to resolve it. Let's try a couple more things:

Step 1: Try disabling any antivirus software temporarily. Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with Trados Studio. If this resolves the issue, you may need to add Trados Studio to your antivirus software's list of exceptions.

Step 2: If you're using any plugins or extensions with Trados Studio, try disabling them. Sometimes, these can cause conflicts.

Step 3: Try creating a new Windows user profile. There could be an issue with your current user profile that's causing the problem.

Step 4: If none of these steps work, you might want to consider contacting the software provider for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or identify if there's a bug that needs to be addressed.

I understand how frustrating this can be, and I appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children