I get the message Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I use Concordance Search in Studio 2021. How can I fix this? I have restarted everything.

Trados Studio 2021

I get the message when I try a concordance search in editor.

I have restarted everything.

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

Unfortunately this "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" tells us nothing which is why Elisa asked for the stack trace.  If you'd shown a screenshot of how the error surfaced if it's not a popup then we we could hopefully explain where to find the details that would be helpful.

Anyway... this isn't our support.  It's a public forum.  If you had technical support I'm sure it would be fast!

for some reason the memory is getting unclicked in the project settings. When I click on it, the concordance search works, but the memory keeps getting unclicked. Why is this happening? 

Hard to tell from this minimal information but a guess would be you have the TM stored in OneDrive with cloud only options and so Trados Studio cannot actually find it.  Can you provide the full link to where the TM is actually held?

Or maybe you just don't have access to that memory at all?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children