I get the message Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I use Concordance Search in Studio 2021. How can I fix this? I have restarted everything.

Trados Studio 2021

I get the message when I try a concordance search in editor.

I have restarted everything.

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

Everything is working properly except the concordance search on source. I checked teh TM on that drive and it is being updated.

Confusing then... how is this possible when the TM is not enabled nor is the Update box?

Is the other TM you show also in the same location?

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing two translation memory files. The first file 'CENTURY_21_EN_CA_FR_CA.sdltm' is unchecked, indicating it's not enabled. The second file 'Square One.sdltm' is checked and has UK and French flags, suggesting enabled English to French translation.

You'll also notice that there is no icon, another sign that the TM is not being seen at all.  It was either there through virtue of a project template that did have access to it when the template was created, or it was there, the connection dropped, and it was lost.

I don't know how to give you any more detail on the error message. This is all I see: 

ok - if you double click it do you see a link to an error over on the far right (sometimes you can scroll over and see this)?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 7:16 PM (GMT 1) on 3 Jun 2024]
Children