I get the message Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I use Concordance Search in Studio 2021. How can I fix this? I have restarted everything.

Trados Studio 2021

I get the message when I try a concordance search in editor.

I have restarted everything.

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

You are selecting an SDLTM that is not on your local machine.  You are using a tool in the mode that is designed for a single user with resources on their own computer.  If you want to use translation memories that are on a server then there are solutions for that to ensure that you don't have problems with files disappearing like this. 

Just because you have put the file on your server doesn't mean it's always available to you when working with Trados Studio so any issues in connectivity can be the reason for a problem like this.

However, I cannot be conclusive about your problem as the only thing I have to go on is a screenshot showing one TM not connected (tells me nothing other than it's not connected at the moment) and the other one (possibly in the same location and possibly not) connected, a high level error message with no detail that I could use to see if the underlying cause is shown, and you telling me the TM is on a server somewhere.

The most obvious cause based on this is that Studio is unable to find that particular TM.

Don't forget that you are in a public forum here and are relying on the goodwill of others to help you.  This is not a guaranteed support site.  If you want someone to take over your computer and get all the information we're trying to extract from you then you need to take a support contract and the support team will surely be happy to assist.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children