My TM is no longer updated with new translations.

Hi,

I use Trados Studio 2022, and have a TM that I can use to create new projects, but it is not updated with new translations, and will always return an error unless I delete that TM before finalizing the project. Any ideas, anyone?

Kind regards,

Michael Rhattigan

emoji
Parents
  •  

If you have to keep removing the TM it may be that it is in a location that is being synced to the cloud... maybe OneDrive for example... and is not made available when you're trying to update it because it's syncing or attempting to every time you add an entry.  If this is the case try moving your TMs to a folder that is not on a path that includes OneDrive (or other shared drive).

Alternatively change the settings of that folder by right-clicking on it and selecting "Always keep on this device":

Context menu with an option 'Always keep on this device' highlighted by a red arrow, indicating a selection to prevent cloud syncing issues.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:33 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Sep 2024]
  •  

If you have to keep removing the TM it may be that it is in a location that is being synced to the cloud... maybe OneDrive for example... and is not made available when you're trying to update it because it's syncing or attempting to every time you add an entry.  If this is the case try moving your TMs to a folder that is not on a path that includes OneDrive (or other shared drive).

Alternatively change the settings of that folder by right-clicking on it and selecting "Always keep on this device":

Context menu with an option 'Always keep on this device' highlighted by a red arrow, indicating a selection to prevent cloud syncing issues.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:33 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Sep 2024]
Children