This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Update Studio and Multiterm simultaneously / SDL Update manager

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 1 Comment
    The current situation is that Studio only updates when you run the application. The MultiTerm update is not synchronized with Studio in any way. It would be great to update both applications in one go. OR(!) change the updating policy entirely. Instead...
  • adding the active template name to the File | Options dialog

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    I guess this would be a very limited and small change that would be of great help to people working with many templates. Many times we need to check what is the active one, so instead of checking info under Setup in order to see what template is in...
  • Spell check in target TU

• 0 Comments
    I use Studio quite a bit for proof reading texts, as well as translating, not necessarily with bilingual documents but also monolingual documents. The problem is the same in both situations and also in the normal translation process. But to demonstrate...
  • Make term recognition work in real-time when auto propagating

• 0 Comments
    It appears that term recognition does not work in real-time when the auto-propagation feature propagates through confirmed segments to the next unconfirmed segment. I need to go back a segment and then return to the current segment for the terms to be...
  • insert length verification/format check in filetype

• 5 Comments
    For custom created filetypes (like xml, regular expression or xml based ones) would be very useful to set some specific filetype constraints. i.e.: - length control check (absolute or relative to source) - regular expression controls between source...
  • Make changing font sizes more flexible

• 3 Comments
    Changing the font size should definitely be more flexible and easier to apply. Going to options and setting font adaptation is not really a straightforward solution. Adding few icons to increase or decrease font sizes instantly should be fairly easy to...
  • Ctrl+Comma should not include single-digit numbers

• 0 Comments
    If there is a single digit number in the source text, this is included in the drop down box when Ctrl+Comma is pressed to add tags to the target. My suggestion is to only include numbers of two digits or more in this list. Individual numbers are obviously...
  • Add language code to filenames after Generate Target Translations (batch)

• 4 Comments
    It would be very helpful to have an option to add a suffix (e.g. the language code) when generating target files in bulk (through a Batch Task). I sometimes have 50 small files that need to be delivered with a language code at the end of the name, but...
  • Allow columns in Word document tables to be specified for Studio source and target

• 1 Comment
    I am often presented with Microsoft Word documents for translation, in which there are two or more columns, with the source in one column and a semi-translated "target" in another column. Translating only the source in Studio does not present a problem...
  • Please change default spell check settings to spellcheck uppercase words

• 0 Comments
    Hello! It would be great if the spell check of upper case words can be turned on by default in Studio (untick “Ignore ALL CAPS”). Now the option is ticked by default. We have had client complaints for spelling mistakes in headings, which are whole...